Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Oh Chicago


well, hello.

chicago i find myself in yet again. and what has it brought forth? oh many a things.

the plane ride here brought about some crazy inspiration in the form of a beautiful woman named jaqueline and some conversation. we spent hours speaking of dreams and passions and world changing. she even had me close my eyes and imagine i was something like seven years forward being reunited with her on the same plane. she had me tell her what i had been doing with my life...how i had lived out those passions deeply engraved in me. we laughed and shared many a moments. i don't believe we met by chance. just next to her was a nice man named matt. i had a poster with no poster tube and he offered me one of his. he said he new he had kept the smaller one for a reason. and my poster his reason became. he missed his plane home to michigan as our flight was delayed. the airport put him in a hotel but i wanted to give him some company. ya know...a friend. he was a nice friend to me. but, it wasn't to happen and i may never see him again. but nevertheless...thank you matt for ur kind offering of a poster tube!

school is school. lots of learning. i adore my class on intentional community. hello potlucks! and retreats to an organic berry farm! the farm was quite interesting. i enjoyed getting to know such a unique bunch of people. and running around through the grass and creek barefoot. i had some of the most delicious watermelon and concord grapes. and some great conversation.

this sunday i shall play my first chicago coffee house gig. the location? Savor the Flavor. it is near DePaul University. i think it will be pretty lax which is just fine with me. some friends from my songwriting class last semester play there regularly and said i could play sometime....so i jumped on it when i got back in town.

i seem to have pulled my left hamstring. my bad.

music of choice? sondre lerche

humidity? yes.

many challenges ahead? you bet.

and love? i am searching out more the reality of it. the part that is hard. the part that is everyone.

peace my darlings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon! What a beautiful Woman you are!! This all sounds so wonderful...and so very YOU. i am so happy for you.