Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bugs

i had bugs stuck to my clothing today. one to my eyelid as well. haha. and there are benefits to understanding at least some of a different language than ur first one. for example...when u are riding ur bicycle on a path through a park and hear someone say, "...pasar en bicicleta rapido...' he probably was talking about u. i laughed. :0)

in other events, i adventured to a cute little ice cream shop here is chicago the other night. well technically there is a chain of them. i just found that out just right now. when i want to go somewhere i have never been, i go on google and type in things such as, "late night ice cream shops in chicago" and bam! there i see some options. i have googled many places before. and i mean really, there are some blessings that come with technology. the ice cream shop is called bobtail soda fountain. www.bobtailicecream.com

on the way back on the el, i met an interesting character. he wasn't quite himself that night. haha. anyway, he stood up to get off the train but realized it was too soon of an exit and so he sat back down near me. when he realized i existed, he said hello and held out his hand and told me his name was jim. i shook his hand back and told him my name was shannon. he then said he was a bad influence and was going to leave me alone. so, he got up and walked back over to his group of friends. a girl told me not to mind him. now let me give u a bit of a description of this guy before i finish the story. he had tats and big earrings, a hat and black shirt on...some baggy jeans. looked like a rocker of sorts i guess one might say.

so, a few exits go by and then it is time for jim to get off. but instead of him just getting off, he came back over to me to shake my hand again. he muttered something like, "sorry i was not chivalrous.' he continued to say while holding my hand, "maybe we will see each other again.' he then kissed my hand and said, "i love u." and then had to jolt away. his female friend was having to stay in the doorway to keep it from closing him in and she was calling to him to come. haha. it was random. who woulda thought mr tough looking guy was actually a prince charming...two of my roomates were with me that night and just laughed and said, "it always happens to shannon."

peace.

1 comment:

Trina Merry said...

Hehehe...
I'm so glad to hear the whole story! I'm glad to hear you're still taking random adventures! And meeting goofballs!