Sunday, August 12, 2007

What Are You Going to Be?

Ohhh the famous questions. what will you be? what are you going to do with that degree or certificate? ya know, all those questions that seem to require a "correct" answer. one society will accept and smile upon. one that we can feel proud to say. those questions sometimes make me nervous. like, i don't know if i even have the answers still because i want to do many things. so next time i am asked what i am going to be...perhaps i will answer with this:

i will be:

a teacher
a lover
a music maker
a mother
an artist
an author
a friend
a world traveler
a world changer
and then
after that
i will be more

3 comments:

adam said...

i think you should be you.

Shannon said...

can't i be me and all those things? half of those things i already am.

i will admit though, i have in my life wasted some time it may seem trying to be what it is others would like me to be....or what I THOUGHT others would like me to be. but these days, i like being me most days, that's the best suit that fits. yea, the shannon suit. i like it.

Shannon said...

actually, come to think of it, i am all of those things. hu...interesting. so, u're right...i should be me...cuz i already am. haha. muah adam muah