Wednesday, April 11, 2007

And Now for Another Story About One Time...


Alright sooo...if my name is shannon, and i am pretty sure it is, i tend to find myself in weird situations, with weird ppl, having weird freaky things happen to me. and yesterday my friends, was a day of a freak accident. u see, before i was about to go to anatomy lab, i stubbed my left pinky toe,(known in anatomy as my left 5th metatarsal), on a wooden doorframe in our apartment. the thing is...normally, u would think a forceful stubbing of a toe on a doorframe could lead to oh a sprain or break even...but NO...instead, a piece of flesh ripped up on my toe. and not just a small piece...a pretty big deep piece. as is a typical shannon reaction...i said a few choice words, looked at my toe...thought i knocked up my toenail...realized it was ACTUALLY my skin which was knocked up...and stared at it. eventually it started to bleed and i began to laugh and pace and feel nervous...not knowing how bad this injury actually was. one of my roomates was home but she was sleeping and what could she really have done? i dunno. the health office at school was yet to be open, so i called my other roomate alanna and she said i should call our friend trevor because, "he knows what to do in emergencies." he came over with a first aid kit and alanna came back too, as she wasn't feeling very well, and we did a makeshift clean and wrap job. then i went to class. after class, i went to the nurses office to ask if i could get it cleaned out properly. the nurse ,named jaunita, took off the bandage and said, "ooooh baby girl!" she then preceeded to inform me that i would need some stitches. stitches! haha. soo....i had to get myself to the doctor. and i did. and the doctor who stitched me up was really fun and funny and a med student was there observing and she was cool too. basically it was like party in that patient room. but i will have u know...getting the numbing shots...about 4...in the base of my pinky toe was SO painful...while i was enduring the pain....i said, "just cut the whole toe off." haha. anyway, so i can't run for a while....or wear normal close toed shoes...so i wear one of alanna's flip flops. today it has been snowing and raining...so my foot has been fairly numb. welcome to my freak world...sometimes it seems ridiculous and twilight zone-ish. but nevertheless....HILARIOUS. i know these pictures aren't very clear but they should give u an idea. it actually looks pretty gross up close.

3 comments:

adam said...

I know I probably shouldn't be laughing b/c of the pain involved, but I am. Hahaha. Glad to see you blogging.

aurora bender said...

this story is great, but the reason, however isn't so great. i love the pictures too. stiches???? wow. now you get to wear sandals all the time, but your foot is going to be a bit numb.

Anonymous said...

oh shannoncita! pobrecita! thank you for being such a wonderful storyteller. sorry about your toe! :)